NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER BUT FEW WILL WIN . CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES/D.C., AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF AND CURRENTLY LOCATED IN ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES/D.C. CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
SCOTTIES TREES ROCK FINALIST VOTE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO legal residentS of, and currently residing WITHin the FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("d.c.") WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Sweepstakes Period : Scotties Trees Rock Finalist Vote Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins on January 14, 2014 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends on February 14, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST (the "Sweepstakes Period").
2. Eligibility : Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of and currently residing within, the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Irving Tissue Corporation ("Sponsor"), Marketing Drive LLC, Promotion Activators, Inc., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and any other individuals engaged in any way in the development, production, printing, distribution or execution of this Sweepstakes, and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or partake in a prize. Void where prohibited. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. How to Enter : During the Sweepstakes Period, enter by visiting www.scottiestreesrock.com and following the instructions to complete the online registration form and submitting a vote for your favorite Scotties Trees Rock Video Contest Finalist based on the following criteria: (i) most compelling story relative to theme (50%); (ii) creativity (35%); and (iii) clarity of expression (15%). An eligible, non-suspect, vote must be submitted in the Scotties Trees Rock Video Contest in order to receive an entry into the Sweepstakes. LIMIT one (1) vote/entry per person/email address per day during the Sweepstakes Period. A day is defined as commencing at 12:00:00 a.m. EST and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. EST. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limitation will be judged void. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. EST on February 14, 2014 to be eligible. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the name of the "authorized account holder" associated with the email address will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, undelivered, illegible, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, that have been submitted through illicit means or by any means which subvert the entry process or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official Rules will be void. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated program to enter will result in disqualification.
4. TO RECEIVE ADDITIONAL ENTRIES : During the Sweepstakes Period, enter daily via the method specified above. Then, using the Invite a Friend Feature , you can receive one (1) additional entry for each friend that you invite to the Sweepstakes who subsequently enters the Sweepstakes as described in Rule 3 above. LIMIT: Maximum ten (10) additional entries per person and per email address are allowed through the Invite a Friend Feature during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries will only be received if independent sweepstakes organization and/or Sponsor determines in their/its sole and absolute discretion that you have fully adhered to the Invite a Friend Policy below. If two or more entrants invite the same friend, only the entrant whose invitation the friend uses to access/enter the Sweepstakes (as determined by independent sweepstakes organization and/or Sponsor in their/its sole and absolute discretion) will receive an extra entry. Invited friend(s) must enter the Sweepstakes by 11:59:59 p.m. EST on February 14, 2014, to be eligible.
5. INVITE A FRIEND POLICY : "Friends" are those with whom you have a personal/professional relationship and who are eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Friends cannot be members of Entrant's household or members of Entrant's immediate family. Entrant may refer each Friend only one (1) time during the Sweepstakes Period. Names and email addresses of invited friends will be used to send an email using your email address from Sponsor's server notifying them of the Sweepstakes, but, thereafter, will only be retained by Sponsor to determine if the invited friend chooses to enter the Sweepstakes and will be disposed of after this determination has been made. Prior to using the Invite a Friend feature, you must have the permission to use your friend's email address for the purpose of inviting your friend to this Sweepstakes. You must not use the Invite a Friend feature for any other use other than to invite friends to enter the Sweepstakes. Without limitation, you must not use the feature to send emails: (i) to strangers; (ii) multiple referrals to the same friend; (iii) unsolicited email; and (iv) "spam". You must not ask or otherwise encourage invited friends to enter the Sweepstakes. Additional entries beyond this limit submitted by a single person during the Sweepstakes Period will be void. Mechanically reproduced entries are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
6. Prizes/Approximate Retail Value: Three (3) Prizes : Each prize winner will receive a Scotties Care Package consisting of the following: one (1) 60-count cube box, one (1) 60-count cube box with aloe, one (1) 70-count cube box, one (1) 100-count cube box, one (1) 120-count box, one (1) 200-count family box, and one (1) 250-count box. Approximate retail value ("ARV"): $12.00 each. Total ARV: $36.00. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent is permitted except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion if prize cannot be awarded as stated. All prize details are at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
7. Drawing/Odds of Winning : A random drawing to select three (3) potential winners will be conducted by Promotion Activators, Inc., ("Administrator"), an independent judging agency, whose decisions are final and binding, on or about, February 21, 2014, from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
8. Winner Confirmation & Release Forms : You are not a winner until your eligibility has been verified, and it is determined that you have complied with all terms of these Official Rules. Prize winners will receive prize within 6-8 weeks. If prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact potential winner, or the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner selected.
9. General: By participating, participants (a) agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters; (b) consent to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names, cities and states of residence, photograph, voice and/or other likenesses and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law; and (c) to release, discharge and hold harmless, Sponsor, Marketing Drive LLC, Promotion Activators, Inc., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and any other individuals engaged in any way in the development, production, printing, distribution or execution of this Sweepstakes, and the respective directors, officers, agents and employees of the foregoing (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability, claims, losses and damages of any kind, including death, to persons or property, arising out of, or relating to, their participation in this Sweepstakes, and the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of the prize, including as set out in the Limitations of Liability section . Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if Sponsor suspects or finds entrant to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Sweepstakes Website; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (d) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, the independent Sweepstakes organization, Sponsor or Sponsor's representatives.
If Sponsor or independent Sweepstakes organization suspects that an entrant has engaged in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, the entrant will be contacted as soon as practicable. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND TO BAN OR DISQUALIFY AN ENTRANT FROM THIS AND FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
10. Limitation of Liability: Released Parties do not assume any responsibility and the entrant releases the Released Parties from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the entrant's participation or attempted participation in the Sweepstakes or prize, including, without limitation, the administration of the Sweepstakes, the selection and confirmation of winners, and the arranging, awarding and use of the prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information; (ii) late, lost, stolen, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete entries, transmissions or transactions, those that are altered or otherwise irregular, have been submitted through illicit means or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Official Rules; (iii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by, or in anyway related to the awarded prize or the Sweepstakes itself; (iv) failure of the website or any operations or transmission of information during the Sweepstakes Period, including, without limitation, any problems, human or technical, errors, lost, delayed, garbled or corrupted data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or transmission lines, technical malfunctions of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including, without limitation, any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material connected to the Sweepstakes, all of which may affect a person's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (v) any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, without limitation, printing or advertising errors or the failure of or problems with any equipment or programming associated with or used in the Sweepstakes howsoever caused; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers" or otherwise; (vii) any claims regarding the accepting, arranging, awarding or use of the Prize; or (viii) electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), or to amend the Official Rules, at any time, in any way, and without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, including should any virus, worm, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of termination, Sponsor may conduct the drawing at random from among all eligible, non-suspect Sweepstakes entries received up to time of such action for this Sweepstakes. In the event of any such termination or suspension, a notice may be posted on www.scottiesfacial.com . Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts or the appropriate Massachusetts State Court located in Middlesex County, Massachusetts; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant, Sponsors and Promoters in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Massachusetts without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Massachusetts.
11. Winner List: For a list of winners (available after February 21, 2014), send a self-addressed, stamped, business size (#10) envelope by May 21, 2014 to: SCOTTIES Trees Rock Finalist Vote Sweepstakes, Winners List Request, 6240 Oakton Street, Morton Grove, IL 60053..
12. Sponsor: Irving Tissue Corporation, 25 Mall Rd. 6th Floor Burlington, MA01803.
13. Judge/Administrator: Promotion Activators, Inc., 6240 Oakton Street, Morton Grove, IL60053.
14. CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. By entering this Sweepstakes you consent and agree to Sponsor's collection and use of your information to administer this Sweepstakes. If you consented on the entry form, Sponsor may also use your information to contact you regarding this Sweepstakes or to promote with marketing communications (for example, E-Mails containing coupons, product information or future promotional information). Your consent to Sponsor's use of your information for marketing purposes may be revoked at any time (without revoking your participation in the Sweepstakes or impairing your chances of winning) by clicking on the 'Update Your Account' feature at www.scottiesfacial.com and opting out.
15. RULES GOVERN . In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes related materials, including, but not limited to, the Sweepstakes entry form, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.